Monday, March 21, 2011

Makeup Monday

Instead of menu Monday I thought I would try something different this week. I thought it would be fun to share my current favorite makeup or beauty product, since a lot of my friends consider me somewhat of a go-to girl in this area.

First of all, let me tell you that I love love love makeup! I have spent a ton of money on makeup products, and there isn't much out there I haven't tried. I am a card holder at Sephora and Ulta, and visit them both at least a couple of times a month so that I can at least browse what new products are out there. Sephora is fun because if you have a points card there they even give you a free gift on your birthday!

This week I decided to talk about foundation. Foundation has been the hardest thing to find for me. I have probably tried 50 different foundations (or more) searching for one that made me happy with the way I look. I finally decided to give in, spend the money, and try Bare Minerals after a couple of friends told me it would be worth it. They were completely right. I have never been so happy with the way my skin looks in my life as I have been since I started using this foundation. If I get a pimple or something I don't worry as much as I used to because it is easy to cover without looking caked-on.

A few tips:

1. Go in store to have someone match your complexion when picking out the foundation. You might really be surprised by the color that they pick for you (I was, and so was at least one of my friends!)

2. Make sure you apply the concealer BEFORE the foundation or it will not look right.

3. Go light on their bronzer, if you get it.  I think it is way too dark (of course I am an extremely pale girl).

4. Have fun with it! Makeup is supposed to be fun, not a chore. Bringing out your natural beauty is an art. If you find yourself overwhelmed there are tons of books to help you learn how to apply makeup in the most flattering way, try it out! Just like any other talent, the art of makeup application must be learned! I read books about it and then just play with my makeup trying different things to see what works best with my bone structure and coloring.


No comments:

Post a Comment