Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Little House In The Big Woods - Chapter 1

The New Year brings a lot of exciting opportunities around here. I love to spend my Christmas break pouring over websites and books trying to get new ideas for the upcoming semester. Last semester we did a Unit Study on Alice in Wonderland, the semester before we did The Swiss Family Robinson. This semester I have decided to do a Unit Study on The Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Rather than buy something I am reading through the book and putting together my own ideas as they come to me, and then I am sharing with you. This should be fun, but bear with me! (Please!) My children are 8 and 3. The majority of this curriculum is stuff I found that I will be trying to adjust to use with my 8 year old, and a few things I throw in for fun with my 3 year old.

For this week I will just post a list of books I am using for the first weeks science (so you could get them from the library or what have you) and then I will start posting the actual plans next week...otherwise, I won't have pictures or know how well they worked because my daughter just started using this curriculum yesterday. I can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment